Life-limiting illness can erode a person’s comfort, dignity and control. A Hospice and palliative medicine physician, working together with a team of experienced healthcare professionals, can help you and those you care about regain these qualities and rekindle your hope.
Our Hospice Team
Our highly qualified, specialty trained team of hospice professionals and volunteers are trained to provide a sensitive support system that assists patients and their families to cope with physical, spiritual and emotional factors related to the patient’s terminal condition.
Working together with the team, the hospice and palliative medicine physician provide:
- -Expert relief of pain (Palliative Care)
- -Treatment for a broad spectrum of other symptoms (fatigue, breathlessness, nausea, anxiety, etc.)
- -Help in setting goals for care
- -Guidance making complex treatment choices
- -Coordination with other healthcare providers, including the primary care physician and specialists such as oncologists, surgeons, and cardiologists
Our Core Values
- COMPASSION – The capacity to enter into another’s joy and sorrow
- EXCELLENCE – Becoming our personal and professional best
- INTEGRITY – Doing what is right: ethically, legally and morally
- RESPECT – Profound veneration for all God’s Creation